Re: Galaxy project producing their own Debian packages

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 05:07:18PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> > Vezi Tweetul lui @natefoo:
> > https://twitter.com/natefoo/status/743306923026440194
> >
> > https://depot.galaxyproject.org/nate/dpkg/
> >
> nice, but easy for them. Galaxy installs many things at run time from
> remote locations (pypi and others). So not easy to fit in Debian as all
> dependencies not to be Debian packages.

I think we should stress the fact that not every file that has a .deb
extension and can be installed somehow via dpkg/apt is a proper Debian
package to our standards of quality.  It would be really great to get
proper galaxy packages and possibly integrating the authors of those
packages in our team to do things right would be a promissing way to
this goal.