Debian Med git repository with indexed genomes?

Hello,

What do you guys think? If it is not completely over the top then I
would like to have the effort as part of the continuous integration
testing. The result should then go into a git repository from where the
world can retrieve it. I know, bandwidth, but it should not be not too
bad, I tend to think, as in "below 1TB/month".

Why git? I think to spot differences when rerunning bits locally, a
presumed-efficient transfer of large files, and to somehow arrange for
multiple genomes in separate branches that all diverge from a
"code-only" branch, so we always have the complete info on the
provenance of the files. And I am not aware of any git repository for
genomic data, yet, so I would like know how this would be accepted.

What do you think? Would there be an audience for such a repository? It
would be completely distribution-agnostic from how I imagine any such
effort. And we should identify all the gaps we possibly can to have it
adopted by the typical NGS service groups.

Best,

Steffen