Re: Packaging of MafFilter

Dear Andreas,

Many thanks for your email. Indeed, the debian package should not be in the distributed tar.gz, I will fix that. One important thing: MafFilter depends on the Bio++ libraries, which are packaged for debian, but not up to date. The packager was Loic Dachary, but he admitted having no time anymore for doing this (which I can fully imagine :) ). I would love to see Bio++ again up to date in debian, and would be very happy to help.

The last "official" distribution of MafFilter is 1.1.0. More recent versions need the development version of Bio++, and therefore we do not provide packages for them yet. We are planning however a new release of Bio++ (and therefore MafFilter), but no timeline is fixed, so I guess version 1.1.0 should be used at the moment.

We recently migrated Bio++ to github. Would that be helpful if I would also put MafFilter on github? I could more easily include patches if needed...

Best regards,

Julien.