Re: Request for Sponsoring: spaced

Hi Afif,

On 29.03.2016 06:43, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> Hi, Fabian,
>
> Unfortunately, this code built an empty package. I noticed that you
> haven't activated the autotools plugin for debhelper for the build to
> work.

How the fuck, did I miss this one?

> Other points for future reference:
>
> * even if you cannot use uscan to retrieve the upstream source, you can
> still use mk-origtargz in your get-orig-source target, which is what
> uscan calls when you indicate "repack" in debian/watch. This saves you
> from having to manually parse debian/copyright and repacking the tarball.

I used the get-orig script from [1] as a baseline. Didn't know about
mk-origtargz. Will definitely used that next time.

[1] svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template

> * If you're writing a manpage, you might prefer to put it in the debian
> directory directly rather than add it as a patch to the upstream source.
> You can install it there by naming it in debian/manpages.
>
> Thanks for your work on this package. Perhaps upstream would be
> interested in the autoconfiscation you did.

I am hoping to upstream both the manpage and the autoconf. Thus I did it
this way.

Thanks a lot for reviewing and sponsoring,
Fabian