Re: [MoM] Fwd: Outreachy 2016 application

Hi Ana,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 09:26:40PM +0300, Anna Lioznova wrote:
> Hello Andreas!
> Sorry for the delay, but it seems like I struggle with the setup and I
> can't resolve it by myself.

No need to sorry - we agreed that your study has preference. ;-)

> Thanks for the advice about building packages -- configuring pdebuild
> really helped and I build all the mentioned packages by editing
> debian/gbp.conf as Debian Med Policy document recommends.

Hmmm, I do not think that you need any extra debian/gbp.conf (except if
it is commited to Git - then you get it when cloning).  I'd recommend to
use ~/.gbp.conf instead,

> I read carefully the CI documentation
> <https://ci.debian.net/doc/file.MAINTAINERS.html> and followed all the
> steps (I chose lxc backend. I created /etc/sudoers.d/lxc file as described
> and ran debci setup), but I'm still not able to run tests.
>
> Here is the executed command:
> anna@debian:~/projects/aegean$ adt-run --user debci --output-dir
> /tmp/output-dir/ ./aegean_0.15.1+dfsg-3_amd64.changes --- lxc --sudo
> adt-sid-amd64
>
> I got the following error: "Error: container adt-sid-amd64 is not defined"
>
> This <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=799760> discussion
> looks relevant, but the executed command here is slightly different.
>
> Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue? What am I doing wrong?

Hmmmm, good question.  Its a long time ago thyt I used adt-run and I
need to refresh my mind myself.  I would need some more time to check
myself which I do not have currently.  I'd recommend you stick to a
shell script that runs in your *local* machine for the moment.

Or may be somebody else here on the list can help?  If not and you
want to get this up and running before I'm back from vacation you have
very good chances to ask this question on the mailing list
   debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Just do not hesitate to ask there.

> I'll keep in mind that the next package after bwa is prodigal, but I guess
> I'll have more questions about the first one and the process as a whole.
> The acquaintance stage is always time consuming

I fully agree that it is fine to finalise one package first and doing
this properly.