Re: [MoM] Fwd: Outreachy 2016 application

Hi Anna,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 12:58:51PM +0300, Anna Lioznova wrote:

> Andreas, thanks for your attitude to the people -- I'm really pleased with
> it. I'll do my best to stay in touch with you and to reply as soon as I can.

:-)

> I'm glad to hear that bwa is a good candidate! Looking forward to start
> working with this tool!
>
> Thanks for such a detailed comment on the choice of the operating system.
> I'm used to Ubuntu, but I don't mind trying Debian -- it sounds like a
> really good choice for my further bioinformatics research.

+1

> I subscribed to both debian-med and debian-women mailing lists. I hope I
> forwarded this message correctly, didn't I?

Yes, that's fine.

> I'll be happy to introduce
> myself to debian-women community as well.

Good!

> About alioth:I tried once again and it worked, so it was my mistake --
> sorry for that.

No need to sorry - the fact that it worked later does not necessarily
mean you did a mistake later.  I have added lanna-guest (please mind the
-guest attached to the name which is used for all people who are not
(yet) Debian Developers) to the Debian Med team which grants you commit
permissions to our SVN and Git.  Regarding the choice of the repository:
Historically we used SVN and we move to Git "if there is a good reason".
I'd consider a "good reason" if you prefer Git.  So simply ask me if
there might be a tool on your list that should be migrated to Git and
I'll either do our explain you the trick how to do this.

Please make sure that you can

    ssh alioth.debian.org

as described in this article https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH.

> I'll study Debian Med policy more precisely tonight.

Fine.  Just let us know here if you have any questions and thanks a lot
for picking up the GSoC topic.

Welcome in the team