Re: Insight toolkit dependency (2 questions)

On November 18, 2015 01:59:32 PM Gregory Sharp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> == Question 1 ==
>
> I'm at a loss to figure out why plastimatch does not build on i386.

[ ... ]

> When I build on i386 with pbuilder, everything seems to build fine.

My recollection is that the dependency resolver used by pbuilder is different
than that of the official build servers.  In particular, in the way it deals
with alternatives.  This could explain the different behaviour.

> The build-depends looks like this:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9),
>                cmake,
>                libdcmtk-dev,
>                libfftw3-dev,
>                libinsighttoolkit4-dev (>= 4.4.2) [amd64]
>
>                | libinsighttoolkit4-dev (>= 4.4.2) [i386]
>                | libinsighttoolkit3-dev (>= 3.20.1),
[ ... ]

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the [arch] specification is
throwing things off.  I *think* the build machines always use the first
alternative.  Or something.  If so, I'm not sure how to express your
intentions.

> == Question 2 ==
>
> Now that ITK 3 is no longer available, it is therefore
> necessary or useful to remove the architectures where
> ITK 4 does not build?  Or should I just let the build fail
> and eventually ITK 4 will build on those?

I think it's necessary; see the "ANAIS" examples here:
https://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

Cheers,
-Steve