Failures in test suite of FastML

Hi,

I recently uploaded fastml[1] to new which our users are specifically
interested in because of gubbins[2] (both upstream in CC).  Thanks to
the upstream authors of FastML it was changed to GPL-2+ and thus I
uploaded to the new queue.

However, I needed to switch of the unit tests to successfully build the
package since a few tests failed which I would like to discuss here to
hopefully solve these issues while the package is sitting in new.

The patch

    https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/fastml.git/tree/debian/patches/skip_failing_tests.patch

contains all exclusions from the test suite and as a comment the
according errors.  I'm specifically concerned about the bootstrap_test
which seems to be a real failure.

I guess computeNJtreeJCmodel is a syntax error in the testing code -
any help from a C++ programmer would be welcome to solve this.

All other errors are kind of rounding errors which might (or might not)
be originated from running the test suite on a different architecture
and comparing with results which are similar but do not really fit.  At
least my naive non-biologists view on these differences let me draw
this conclusion - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any comments from upstream or here from this list are welcome.

PS: Haim, I'd recommend applying all other patches to your upstream
    code.  The header has comments about what problem is solved by
    the patch.

[1] http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio#fastml
[2] http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio#gubbins