License of Support Vector Machine

Hello Thorsten,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team that has the objective
to package all free software that is relevant in biology and medicine
for main Debian..  We would like to start a cooperation with OSDD linux
for drug discovery[1].  The programm GPSR is part of their basic
infrastructure and depends from your Support Vector Machine[2].
Unfortunately SVMlight has a "for academic use only" license which is
non-free according to Debian Free Software Guidelines since it is
putting a restriction on the usage.

We are wondering whether you would consider a free license (like GPL,
MPL, BSD or similar) to enable us distributing SVMlight for Debian.

[1] http://www.osdd.net/home
[2] http://svmlight.joachims.org/