Re: sponsorship request: spdlog, libgff, & libcereal

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:54 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 06:49:52AM +0000, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> spdlog,

d/changelog says:

spdlog (1.4-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  * Initial release (Closes: #<bug>)

 -- Michael R. Crusoe <crusoe@ucdavis.edu>  Fri, 18 Sep 2015 20:31:46 -0700

So the ITP number is missing - may be only a `git push` at your side?

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/spdlog.git/commit/debian?id=ac43c2687a0a5f925bfabb9f8c7e4da58ef1d166 agrees with what I have locally; both have the ITP number.

Please also remove the packaging templates as I did in libgff.

I dropped `debian/upstream/metadata` and the unused lines in `debian/rules` and pushed that up.

> libgff,

I removed some remainings from the packaging template (please `git
pull`).  I wonder whether we should provide a libgff package with the
dynamic library since this is good packaging practice.

Perhaps? I need to dive into the salmon build system; I suspect they aren't setup to handle dynamically linking against libgff.

> and libcereal are all ready for review & sponsorship

$ gbp clone  ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/libcereal.git
gbp:error: Git command failed: Error running git clone: fatal: '/git/debian-med/libcereal.git' does not appear to be a git repository

Sorry, I should have either moved the repo or left a note; it is cereal

Ah, I see my direct email that you've found it at git.debian.org/git/debian-med/cereal.git

It already has the ITP listed http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/cereal.git/commit/?id=e22afcf50b2d83c09024874e1e0945ade62d7135

I don't know why that isn't showing up on your side :-/

I have pushed up the same cleanups of `debian/rules` and `debian/upstream/metadata`

Thanks for the review!