Re: suitename_0.3.070628-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Malihe,

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 12:13:04AM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> Hey Andreas,
>
> I saw the below lines in [1], which I had not noticed before:
>
> "recently (2014) the authors of Richardson Lab software formally agreed to
> drop the condition: "...and (2) any modified versions of the program are
> also available for free."
>
> So, it seems the problem is solved :)

Ahh, good catch!

> Moreover, I think I was wrong about the authors. It seems Jane Richardson
> is the main author[2]. Also, the below email addresses are related to Jane
> and Micheal Richarsdon, as it is mentioned in [3]:
>
>      Jane: jsr@kinemage.biochem.duke.edu
>      David:  dcr@kinemage.biochem.duke.edu

Please add this to debian/copyright.

> All of things, that I need to do, is to remove the second condition from
> Copyright, and add Jane and Micheal email addresses as the upstream's
> members.

I would leave the license statement as is and in a second paragraph add
the link and the text you quoted above.  This seems to be more clear for
ftpmaster to understand and accept what was rejected before.

I'll do the very same for suitename.

Thanks for the good research of the license

      Andreas.