Re: gcc-5 transition of GDCM

Hi Andreas,
Hi Steve,

> > As a consequence, I would like to know when updated versions of the
> > libgdcm2.4 and libgdcm2-dev packages built with gcc-5 will be available in
> > the repositories. Is this information available somewhere?
>
> If you read the Debian Med mailing list you might have noticed Steve's
> status update[1].  The short answer is:  If you will help fixing #777868
> /  #791508 it might happen faster.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but thanks to Steve's upload of gccxml last evening, I have finally managed to make the transition of the gdcm package to gcc-5. A single patch to the CMake scripts is necessary [1].

My packages "orthanc-webviewer" and "orthanc-dicomweb" now also compile correctly, as the gdcm shared libraries uses the same C++11 ABI as the other C++ dependencies (such as libjsoncpp).

Andreas, would it be possible for you to review this change and, possibly, close #777868 and #791508 if the requirements are met?

Regards,
Sébastien-

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian/patches/castxml.patch?view=markup