Re: Status of ITK 4.8 packaging

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 11:34 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> 1. Upstream now separates the test data from the source tarball.  I
> would like
> to keep the tests so I planned to use the "multiple orig tarball"
> feature.  I
> believe I've done it before with ITK but last week "svn buildpackage"
> failed
> me.  Need to figure this out.

I can help with this. Do you have a branch that you used to try this
out? I do not know anything about "multiple orig tarball", but saw this
blog post:

 https://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/07/how-to-use-multiple-upstream
-tarballs-in-debian-source-packages/

And looked at libcgi-application-perl, which has multiple tarballs.
They seam to have created an debian/update.sh, that looks at multiple
watch files (in debian/components). Is this something along the lines
of what you were thinking?

There is a cmake variable ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES, that sets the
location to look for this data (see CMake/ITKExternalData.cmake).
Probably should use this, since the default location is a hidden
directory.

-Paul