Re: ITK help is needed!

Hi Steve,

>By the way, CastXML isn't going to release tarballs for a while but instead
>suggests to build out of a git download [1].  Given this, what is recommended
>way to organize the packaging on alioth (using git)?   Make my own tarball and
>generate the pristine-tar branch or something else?  (I'm weak in git-fu, so
>detailed pointers appreciated)

I don't know the best workflow, but you can see at sqlmap packaging there [1]

To update it I go on github and with the "tarball/master" url [2] I can grab the latest git snapshot

I git-import-orig it with pristine tar and upload on unstable (based on 0.9.GIT_SNAPSHOT_DATE)

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/sqlmap.git

[2] https://github.com/sqlmapproject/sqlmap/tarball/master

Another way you can look at is ettercap, where barak has a master on github [3]
that is the master upstream with the debian packaging.

At each ettercap new release he fetch the upstream with "git fetch" and merge with the master branch.

The first approach is useful to keep things separate, while in the second one you have the upstream commits in your history.

[3] https://github.com/barak/ettercap/commits/master

Don't know which is the best one, De Gustibus :)

(feel free to ask if something is not clear)

cheers,

G.