Refactoring of the Orthanc subpackages

Hello,

I write this mail as a consequence of Debian bugs #790514 ("orthanc-dev: fails to upgrade") [1] and #790517 ("orthanc-doc: fails to upgrade") [2]. I am unsure of the action to be taken with respect to the Debian policy 7.6 [3].

The problem stems from the refactoring of the Orthanc package. Until the latest release for Debian unstable (0.8.4+dfsg-2), the following subpackages were available:

orthanc
liborthancclient0.8
liborthancclient-dev
liborthancclient-doc

The "liborthancclient" now evolves as a separate upstream project than Orthanc [4]. This implies that the packages "liborthancclient0.8", "liborthancclient-dev" and "liborthancclient-doc" were removed from 0.9.0+dfsg-1. Note that depending on the requests, these packages might be reintroduced in the future, but separately from the "orthanc" core package.

Unfortunately, several files related to the "orthanc" plugin SDK were mistakenly included inside the "liborthancclient*" subpackages. This led to the introduction of the "orthanc-dev" and "orthanc-doc" subpackages, that contain files that were previously available inside, respectively, "liborthancclient-dev" and "liborthancclient-doc".

How is it possible to reflect this refactoring inside d/control of Orthanc [5]? As the "liborthancclient-dev" and "liborthancclient-doc" subpackages might me reintroduced in the future, I do not think that I should follow the "Replacing whole packages, forcing their removal" section. Instead, my rough guess is that I should use the following syntax:

=====
Package: orthanc-doc
[...]
Replaces: liborthancclient-doc (<< 0.8.6)
Breaks: liborthancclient-doc (<< 0.8.6)

Package: orthanc-dev
[...]
Replaces: liborthancclient-dev (<< 0.8.6)
Breaks: liborthancclient-dev (<< 0.8.6)
=====

But I prefer to ask on this list before introducing any further problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sébastien-

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=790514
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=790517