Re: ITK help is needed!

On May 6, 2015 10:41:08 PM Matt McCormick wrote:
> Hi Gianfranco, Gert,
>
> > /«BUILDDIR»/insighttoolkit-3.20.1
> > +git20120521/Utilities/vxl/vcl/vcl_compiler.h:123:4: error: #error
> > "Dunno about this gcc"

> A fix was contributed and merged:
>
>   http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commit;h=7f54e864
>
> Unfortunately, it did not make the 4.7.2 release. But, it applies
> cleanly on top of 4.7.2.  Thanks for your work packaging ITK.
>
> Hope this helps,

Yes!  Thanks for the precise patch pointer, Matt.

I just committed that fix to the Debian packaging repository and confirmed that
4.7.2 (+patch) builds with GCC 5.  I will be doing an upload in the coming
days.

Also of note: ITK 4.8 is due to be released soon.  In preparation, I have
begun the packaging for CastXML (successor to gccxml).  Thanks to Edmund
Grimley Evans for his tips (in #787407).  Unfortunately, this can't be
completed until an llvm bug is fixed (#785931) but I will be creating the
castxml packaging repository on alioth soon-ish.

By the way, CastXML isn't going to release tarballs for a while but instead
suggests to build out of a git download [1].  Given this, what is recommended
way to organize the packaging on alioth (using git)?   Make my own tarball and
generate the pristine-tar branch or something else?  (I'm weak in git-fu, so
detailed pointers appreciated)

[1] http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/castxml/2015-June/000012.html

Best,
-Steve