Re: python-pysam version lagging

Hello,
Thanks, both of you, for the comments.

On الثلاثاء  9 حزيران 2015 06:09, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
Hi guys, just a few additional comments

<mailto:plessy@debian.org>>:

    Hi Afif, thanks a lot for all this work.

No problem.

    > W: python-pysam source: dep5-copyright-license-name-not-unique (paragraph at
    > line 40)
    >
    > I'm actually not sure what to do about this one.

    Try public-domain instead of PublicDomain.  "public-domain" is a
    special case
    in the machine-readable specification, so if the Lintian warning
    stays, I would
    consider it a false positive.

    https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

This is one of these weird lintian warnings that popped up recently.
Seems that
you can no longer define a License twice in d/copyright. I believe bug
reports
have been sent about the rationales behind this.

Done.

    > I: ...hardening-no-fortify-functions...
    >
    > I think these are false positives since the CPPFLAGS for fortification look
    > like they're correctly set as I watch the package build.

    I have seen such apparent false positives in other packages.  If you
    have time,
    maybe it is worth asking for comments on the debian-mentors mailing
    list ?

+1

I encountered this before on the first package I ever made. The problem there turned out to do be that the upstream build system did not make use of CPPFLAGS. The warning went away for that package when I appended the CPPFLAGS to CFLAGS.

I didn't get to this yet, but I'll have a look if I get a chance.

    > I: ...spelling-error-in-binary...
    >
    > This is maybe not worth fixing.

    Maybe the easiest way to get rid of it is a pull request to upstream
    on GitHub ?

Happened to me a few times, each time I ended up sending a patch
upstream. It's up
to you to decide whether you want to carry on a patch downstream just to
fix such an
inoffensive bug. I personally did not care to do so.

Done [1].

Regards
Afif

1. https://github.com/pysam-developers/pysam/pull/122