Re: python-pysam version lagging

Hello,

On الأحد  7 حزيران 2015 19:13, Charles Plessy wrote:

Le Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 09:27:38PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

As a general rule: I'm positively convinced that any update in VCS is
more than welcome.  Please, if anybody sees some move forward in any
package, just do it.  I hope if you ask here for a sponsored update for

Hi Afif,

indeed, you are much welcome to update our packages !

Cheers,

Charles

Thanks, Andreas and Charles; it just looked like someone was in the middle of something. There were a bunch of changes that were not in the last upload to unstable, so I thought I should ask first.

In any case, I bumped the upstream version and made some changes to the packaging. I'm having some trouble with pbuilder/cowbuilder building this, though. It does not install the build-depends in time, so building for me fails during the initial "clean" step:

I: pybuild base:170: python3.4 setup.py clean
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 246, in <module>
    from setuptools import Extension, setup
ImportError: No module named 'setuptools'

Do you know how I can fix my pbuilder configuration to handle this properly? I always get something like the following towards the beginning of a build:

dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: samtools (>= 0.1.19) libhts-dev python-all-dev cython python3-all-dev python3-setuptools cython3 dpkg-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: this is currently a non-fatal warning with -S, but will probably become fatal in the future

If I can get past this problem, I can test it out and finish up the python-pysam changes. It might be ready now if someone can verify that the build works and lintian is ok.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي