Re: [MoM] r-cran-nnls: please fix copyright

Hi Andreas,

Hi Alba,

> I've added in them in the Build-Depends. In the Depends sections, as far as
> I understand from the way I've done it, it gets the dependencies
> automatically when building it.

You assume because of "${R:Depends}"?
Yes...

Your assumption is *very* sensible and I have frequently considered to
fix this since it would be very simple for package maintainers and the
information should be easily obtainable.  However, the variable just
injects a versioned dependency from r-base and nothing else.  Sorry.
Feel free to try filing a wishlist bug report - but be prepared for a
response which is not as friendly as you usually got here on this list.

Ok, thank you for the clarification.  I've added the dependencies in the Depends section.

> So in this case, when the dependencies are not yet ready, which is the
> normal procedure?

Either creating a local mirror for your pbuilder environment featuring
all dependencies and upload to new with a package created like this or
waiting until all dependencies are available.  I prefer the later
solution.  The rationale for this preference is in case ftpmaster might
reject one of the dependencies (for whatever reason) and you need to fix
something and this fix needs time (for instance clarifying a license
with an upstream that has vanished - see r-cran-locfit issue) a package
with unresolvable dependencies might remain in the queue.  You need to
manually care for this (... and remember this fact!) and all this hassle
is IMHO not worth the effort.

So waiting is IMHO the better strategy.  Remember:

   Good things come to those ... who can wait. :-)

:) Ok, then wait seems to be the right thing to do. Just I hope that by the time I have the other package ready, all the others will have been accepted ;)

Cheers,
Alba