Re: [MoM] r-cran-nnls: please fix copyright

Hi Andreas,

Hi Alba,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 04:39:28PM +0100, Alba Crespi wrote:
> > ERROR: dependencies 'ape', 'quadprog', 'igraph', 'Matrix', 'nnls' are not
> > available for package 'phangorn'

> As you say igraph and nnls are new but the others are already packages on
> debian
> I've built the package by installing the other dependencies not yet in
> stable debian and it worked ok (using debuild). So I'm a bit confused.

You need to specify these packages as Build-Depends and Depends.

I've added in them in the Build-Depends. In the Depends sections, as far as I understand from the way I've done it, it gets the dependencies automatically when building it. Now fails on building because of the dependencies of r-cran-nnls and r-cran-igraph. Any other needed changes?

> > Please instead create a file
> >
> >    debian/upstream/metadata
> >
> I forgot about it. I've done it now.

Fine.  But please also remove the now redundant information from the
long description?

ok, done it.

> I've done the suggested changes. I hope now looks better. Let me know if
> more changes needs to be done.

The (Build-)Depends are evident for a succesful build in a pbuilder
environment.  Please ask if you do not understand what this means.
Installing packages on your local machine is by no means sufficient.

So in this case, when the dependencies are not yet ready, which is the normal procedure?

Cheers,
Alba