Re: R packages - are we doing the right thing?

Everybody is in favour of doing this.

We had some additional off-list emails.   Salient points:

 -- let's do this

 -- I strongly success GitHub because it already has a complete CRAN mirror
    thanks to the work of Gabor Csardi (which whom I am very friendly and
    working already on other things) (and this is no rub to alioth; they are
    already Debian projects in https://github.com/Debian and eg Charles and I
    have access there)

 -- I suggest to create a new "org", maybe debian-r and seed it with a few of
    us (Don, Charles, Steffen, ...)

 -- Someone needs to show up "advanced git for packaging"; my skills are
    mostly git and packaging fully separated and though I read the howtos a
    few times my packaging process still fights with git even for (upstream)
    repos like ess where they let me write debian/ straight in)

Thoughts?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org