Re: Updates to yaml-cpp and opensurgsim

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015, at 03:54 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 12:37:13PM -0400, Paul Novotny wrote:
> > Hello, I just updated two packages I worked on for a MoM in February.
> > Yaml-cpp released a new version (0.5.2) so I updated the packaging in
> > collab-maint [1]. I also updated opensurgsim to use this new version of
> > yaml-cpp [2]. During the MoM, Andreas sponsered my changes and pushed
> > out a new version of yaml-cpp to experimental, can someone do this
> > again? Maybe Andreas if you have time? Could this go to unstable now
> > that Jessie is out?
>
> Uploaded to unstable.  Thanks for your preparation.

I noticed that only amd64 seems to be available. I can't figure out what
is blocking the other architectures, I built i386 locally and didn't
have an issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what needs to be fixed?

> > Regarding opensurgsim, it is still in the ftp masters new package queue,
> >  is there anything I need to be doing there?
>
> I think the best advise I could give is waiting patiently.  We have
> observed the new queue growing in other freeze processes so there is
> some hope here.

No problem.

> > One final question, I
> > noticed the Debian Science blend has a Simulation task, that would be a
> > great fit for opensurgsim. Opensurgsim is already in Debian-Med's
> > Imaging-Dev task, is it alright to petition to be in both tasks?
>
> Hints like these are *very* welcome.  For sure a package can be
> mentioned in more than one task.  I have added
>
>    Suggests: libopensurgsim-dev
>
> to the simulation task.  Its "only" suggested since tasks are usually
> featuring user applications and no development libraries.  If you could
> find some more development libraries that would fit in a simulation-dev
> task we could open this one.

I already noticed a couple packages that would be a good fit for a
simulation-dev task (libccd and libfcl). I'll keep my eye out for more
and get back to you.

-Paul