Intent to Join DebianMed

Hello,
I've been reading this and other Debian mailing lists for several months now and I've just gotten enough time to spare to start contributing. I've done much reading of the Debian documentation and looked through the Debian Med policy, but I think it's time for me to get started. My major interests are in backports (I'm a Debian Stable user) and packaging some software that I use. I've just requested to join the project on Alioth (my username is afif-guest).

The first package I'd like to work on is a suite for analyzing single-molecule genome sequencing data [1] from Pacific Biosciences. I know it's quite ambitious, but it has dependencies among which is the Celera assembler, which has been on the DebianMed to-do list for some time [2].

Many thanks and regards,
Afif

1. http://www.pacb.com/devnet/
2. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=395843