Re: [MoM] dwv

Hi Yves,

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 11:24:17PM +0200, Yves wrote:
> I got inspiration from this:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto#The_First_Steps and this:
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man5/pbuilderrc.5.html
>
> In my .pbuilderrc, I have:
>
> MIRRORSITE="http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/";
> DISTRIBUTION="sid"
> COMPONENTS="main"
> DEBOOTSTRAPOPTS=("--keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg")
> PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSCMD=/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends-experimental

OK.

> Now with this, liborthancclient-dev gets installed, but v0.8.4 and I need
> v0.8.6 which should be in experimental (cf
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=liborthancclient0.8)...

Did you git-pull recently?  My commit
16d4135d55c1bbf6e811273725bc0421f72d4bf9 should force v0.8.6 which
otherwise might be prevented by apt_preferences which usually prefers
unstable over experimental if the dependency is resolved in unstable.
The *versioned* Build-Depends is not in unstable and thus it is fetched
from experimental.  This is the case if I build here.

> You talk about cowbuilder, the first line I have after launching
> git-buildpackage is "using cowbuilder as pbuilder", does that mean I use
> cowbuilder?

Yes.

> And the final question about the MoM, we are now in April, is my time done?

Well, the sense was that you learn to ask questions here on the list.
This remains valid.  I might lower my preference to answer these but I
hope you keep on working on the package and we will keep on supporting
your attempt.

> Anyway, thanks for your help!

Thanks for your work on this