Re: [MoM] dwv

I got inspiration from this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto#The_First_Steps and this: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man5/pbuilderrc.5.html

In my .pbuilderrc, I have:

MIRRORSITE="http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/"
DISTRIBUTION="sid"
COMPONENTS="main"
DEBOOTSTRAPOPTS=("--keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg")
PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSCMD=/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends-experimental

Now with this, liborthancclient-dev gets installed, but v0.8.4 and I need v0.8.6 which should be in experimental (cf https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=liborthancclient0.8)...

You talk about cowbuilder, the first line I have after launching git-buildpackage is "using cowbuilder as pbuilder", does that mean I use cowbuilder?

And the final question about the MoM, we are now in April, is my time done? Anyway, thanks for your help!

On 31 March 2015 at 06:51, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Yves,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 01:24:27AM +0200, Yves wrote:
> Sorry, meant --create and not --update for pbuilder. After a few try and
> changing the mirror site, it went through.

It would be helpful for others if you would post the final solution here.

> But git-buildpackage still
> complains about liborthancclient-dev: "pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy :
> Depends: liborthancclient-dev (>= 0.8.6) but it is not going to be
> installed."
> I thought changing the distribution in the .pbuilderrc to "experimental"
> would do it but no... Any idea?

It is not "changing" but "adding" experimental which is definitely the
solution.  I personally use cowbuilder (pbuilder with copy-on-write)
which is a bit faster.  Cowbuilder creates its chroot at

    /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow

and thus adding experimental is as easy as droping a file

    /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow/etc/apt/sources.list.d/01-experimental.list

containing

    deb http://http.debian.net/debian/ experimental main

You need to `cowbuilder --update` afterwards.  I think for plain
pbuilder you need to unpack the tar-gzipped chroot which is also under
/var/cache/pbuilder add the file and tar-gzip it again.  May be using
cowbuilder is to be prefered anyway.