Re: orthanc-webviewer

Hi Sébastien,

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:25:42AM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> Thanks for checking this!

You are welcome.

> > However, I have two remarks.
> > I wonder if its really necessary to ship whole ZIP archives
> > of
> > not yet packaged JS libs.  If I where you I would only ship the
> > sources
> > (= not minimised) and minimize + install them in d/rules.
>
> As suggested, I have just removed the whole ZIP archives, and only put the JS/CSS/images/fonts stuff inside the package [1]. This of course greatly reduces the size of the source package.

This was the idea.

> > It's advisable to use dh_linktree for the
> > Debian packaged JS files (feel free to ask for details if the hint
> > might
> > be inclear).
>
> I must admit that I do not understand the use of dh_linktree together with the orthanc-webviewer package... Indeed, the CMake build script of the Orthanc Web Viewer embeds all the JavaScript resources directly inside the C++ code, creating a fully standalone shared library. In other words, the Debian packaged JS files are not needed when installing the package, but only when building it from source.
>
> Could you give me additional hint for the current use case?

No, sorry, I can't. :-)  I was not aware about the option that JS files
can be only consumed at build time and have not realised that the *.deb
package does not contain any JS.  Jus forget my hint.

I'll upload as is since I think the package is fine.

Thanks for your work on this

     Andreas.