Re: Packaging of a Web viewer of medical images

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 04:32:17PM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:

> please note that official PostgreSQL support is now also available for Orthanc [2].

For what it is worth I'd suggest to support connection URIs

	http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNSTRING

rather than single explicit authentication options (host,
port, user, ...) in the config file.

That way you can have the user supply the full authentication
requirements and treat it as an opaque string as far as
Orthanc is concerned. All it does is pass it on to libpq and
there's no need to worry about ipv4/ipv4/ports/UNIX domain
sockets/trust/peer/md5/ssl/kerberos/gssapi/whatnot types of
authentication which are all available with PostgreSQL.

Unless, of course, you need to _know_ about certain parts of
the authentication token inside Orthanc in order to process
them (host, user, ...).

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346