Re: Packaging of a Web viewer of medical images

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 04:12:06PM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:

> The Orthanc project has just released a free and
> open-source Web viewer of medical images that integrates
> smoothly as a plugin to Orthanc [1]. The Web viewer is based
> upon Chris Hafey's Cornerstone [2] and Mathieu Malaterre's
> GDCM [3]. I feel that this plugin might ease the access to
> medical images.

In case it is a server-side plugin I would not bother
creating an extra package. Have people install the Orthanc
server and let them decide whether to _run_ the plugin or not
(by, say, an option in the json file). Just ship the options
with orthanc itself. They don't hurt while the plugin isn't
being loaded and used.

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346