Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

Hi Luis,

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 05:43:05PM -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> 1) We agree to package multiple versions of fis-gtm.
>
>     The exact number is still in the air, but it looks like
>     we are all comfortable with the base number == 3,
>     at least for the immediate future.

... provided that ftpmaster accept this plan.

>     More precisely we are talking about versions:
>
>            fis-gtm-6.0   (currently in Debian)
>            fis-gtm-6.1   (recently released upstream)
>            fis-gtm-6.2   (to be released upstream by mid 2014)

We should in any case try this packaging wise.

> 2)  We will take advantage of the git-buildpackage infrastructure,
>      that already facilitates the management of multiple versions
>      simultaneously, in the same Git repository.

+1

> 3)   We will configure the meta-package "fis-gtm" to point to
>       the most up to date version out of the three listed in (1).

+1

> 4)   We will clean up lintian warnings, as follows:
>
>        - Most permissions 664 ---> 644 should be easy to fix

+1

>        - The hard links are required, so we will add lintian
>          exceptions for them.

I admit that I did not really get it why they are "required" (I think
this was not answered by Bhaskar.  I think we should not override this
lintian warning and leave it as a reminder for further discussion.

>        - The lack of PIC in the shared library should be
>          fixed by adding the flag in the CMake infrastructure

I do not really remember this issue.

> Unless there are any objections,
> I'll start addressing these points in the following order:
>
> First :  (4) take care of reducing lintian warnings and errors

Sounds reasonable.

> Second: (1,2) ensure that the current package is in a git
>           version branch such as     debian/V6.0-003

+1

> Third: (1,2) add the upstream version 6.1 into a git branch
>           such as               debian/V6.1-000
>           and
>           as part of this ensure that the fis-gtm metapackage
>           now points to the 6.1 version.

+1

>    Many Thanks

Thanks for working on this