Re: Introducing myself - conquest

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 09:02:16AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> > May I kindly suggest -- if there's a choice to be had -- that
> > you might consider choosing PostgreSQL as the backend, which,
> > among those
> >
> >         DbaseIII, MySQL, Postgres and SqLite
> >
> > listed here
> >
> >         http://ingenium.home.xs4all.nl/dicom.html
> >
> > is the one any sane clinical deployment would like to
> > use (short of Mumps, maybe).
>
> Any sane clinical deployment would *not* use Conquest:
> http://bugs.debian.org/680352#12 :-P

I get your point.

However, most if not any software will contain such bugs.

Good that you brought them up, that's better than NOT
knowing about them.

> BTW DCMTK has been compiled and tested with hardening flags and proven
> to work very well, it is a very robust and mature SCP server.

If this is meant to suggest, that, indeed, Debian does
offer a DICOM server then you are probably correct --
technically speaking.

However, Debian would mainly benefit from a more turn-key-y
solution. It's a bit like having fis-gtm but not having
VistA (just yet).

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346