Re: Question about debian/upstream reference

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 12:51:27PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> I now got the answer from BMC which would indicate that their BibTex,
> EndNote etc. files are malformed, i.e. in the specific case of SCFBM
> {Volume: '8:20'} is the way to go. For the complete answer see below.

Eh, no:

> > Journal name Publication Year, Volume:Article number

Clearly the digit after the colon is the Article number and *not* part
of the volume.

For all practical purposes, the volume number of all articles in one
volume should be the same - however, with your "{Volume: '8:20'}"
specification, the next article (8:21) would be in a different volume.

Again, I agree that "20" is not really a good page number, but I think
it is a good approximation to overload the page number with the article
number.  Certainly much better than encoding it into the volume number.

Michael