Re: [MoM] Problem reproducing bug in ProbABEL package

Hi Lennart,

On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 08:44:20PM +0100, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> > The easiest fix coming to my mind is possibly to
> >   chmod src/extIDS.pl
> > before dh_install is invoked.
> >

> Indeed, nice and simple.

I agree that this is nice and simple but I personally would not do it
in this cheap way:

  1. It is changing the upstream source tree which I would generally
     avoid (even in those slight cases)
  2. You need to remind this change for new upstream versions (except
     you can convince upstream to do it in their source distribution)

I'll leave it to you what solution you prefer - just want to make sure
you understand its consequences.