[More automation] - One git project for several packages

Hi all,

I am trying to automate as much as possible the debian package creation for the Sanger Pathogen Informatics (SPI) group.
I remember a thread, not so long ago where someone was enquiring about keeping several packages under the same git project, using branches to compartimentalise the different packages.

I'm looking for the thread, but whilst I look, can someone tell me if this is possible? I'm mostly concerned about the mechanism to store upstream tarballs.

Also, would it be possible/correct to have a unique account that allows any of the developers from the SPI team to use it, in order to manage the git project?

I'm sure this is all very unorthodox, but to achieve the level of automation we want, I don't see any other way.

Regards,

Jorge