Re: mapsembler2 FTBS #765285 question

On 11/04/2014 09:34 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 09:26:10AM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
>> Hi,
>> after the discussions we had about mapsembler2 failing to build on a few
>> archs, I have made a RM request on failing archs:
>> #766961: RM: mapsembler2 [mips mipsel powerpc sparc] -- RoM; FTBFS
>>
>> Indeed failures are due to upstream code not working on those archs.
>>
>> Bug  #765285 is in severity seious. Now that failing archs have been
>> removed by ftpmasters, which severity should we set ? and possibly
>> allowing move to testing.
>>
>> If I upload a new package version (same source), do you know if removed
>> tags of failed archs will remained removed ? Or shall I specify in
>> control file the (un)supported archs ?
> The only way to get this mapsembler2 version in is to either close the
> bug or decrease the severity.  A new upload will keep mapsembler2 out
> from Jessie.
FTBS archs have been removed, but I do not think it is enough to lower
the severity to let it go to testing.
I could upload a new "debian" version filling the Architecture field
with archs expecting to work.

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438