Which version of Samtools for Jessie ?

Dear all,

as Samtools users know, a major update happened this summer.  The old version
(0.1.19) is still present in Jessie, while Sid has version 1.1.

Version 1.1 should be backwards-compatible, but there are probably corner cases
lurking around, such as other tools expecting a version number starting with 0,
etc.

In addition, version 1.1 does not build on some architectures where 0.1.19
built in the past.

Given that the Freeze is near, I therefore wonder what version would be the
best for the release: 0.1.19 or 1.1.  In one possible scenarios, we would
distribute 1.x later in jessie-backports.

What do you think ?

Charles

--
Charles Plessy