Re: Help to run test suite for python-pysam needed (does not find libhts) (Was: 01/01: Reenable check to ask for help on Debian Python list)

Le Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 09:51:19AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 08:30:23AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > Do you mean that they need pysam 0.8 ?  Because otherwise I do not see how
> > pysam is blocking them: currently version 0.7.7-1 is in both Testing and Sid.
>
> Its probably rather the fact that not all architectures have.  For
> instance:
>
>     https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=fitgcp
>
> I could simply restrict the package to those architectures that have
> python-pysam which might solve the problem of the migration of fitgcp
> as well and might give us enough time to deal with pysam.

Hi Andreas,

I looked at fitgcp: it is marked architecture-dependent (Architecture: all) in
debian/control, but it only contains a python script.  Then since it can be
built everywhere, while it happens that python-pysam can not, it can not
migrate…

I then checked on snapshot.debian.org if the availability of python-pysam on
architectures regressed in the past.  Since it did not, I think that it is
reasonable to assume that it will not suddenly become available on
every architecture.

Therefore, as it is, fitgcp will never migrate to Testing.  First I thought
that making it architecture-independent would solve the problem, but on a
second thought I think that it will not.

We therefore should make it available on the same architectures as
python-pysam.  Maybe the simplest solution would be to build-depend on it ?
What do you think about that ?

Cheers,

Charles

--