Re: Updating the fis-gtm package to V6.1-000

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 08:14 AM, Amul Shah wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 02:09 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > [amul:3] Where I am right now: I committed my changes, but could not test them. If someone else could give it a try that would be a great help. I also have a git push error that I don't understand. I try doing some more searches tomorrow.
> >
> > To give a short summary:
> >
> >   0. create gpg key
> >   1. gbp-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/fis-gtm.git
> >   2. cd fis-gtm
> >   3. git import-orig --pristine-tar <new_upstream_tarball>
> >   4. dch -i
> >   5. git commit
> >   6. git-buildpackage
> >   7. git push
>
> [amul:4] This helps, thanks. I hit an error at step 6. I'm going to go search for answers, but wanted to let you know that I am making progress.
>
> dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building fis-gtm using existing ./fis-gtm_6.1-000.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to fis-gtm/fis-gtm_6.0-003.orig.tar.gz.delta: binary file contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add fis-gtm_6.0-003.orig.tar.gz.delta in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to fis-gtm/fis-gtm_6.0-001.orig.tar.gz.delta: binary file contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add fis-gtm_6.0-001.orig.tar.gz.delta in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i -I -b fis-gtm gave error exit status 2

[amul:5] I've surmounted the above issue. I don't completely follow everything, but I reverted the commit that merged the "upstream" (this is branch that existed only in my local copy as opposed to the branch from Alioth) and then re-ran git import-orig --pristin-tar. The build is in progress. I expect it to bomb out on the GPG issue (the keys are not on my corp laptop, most likely never will be).

Best Regards,
Amul