Aw: Re: tophat FTBFS on mips, mipsel and hurd-i386

Hi Alex,

> > There is also a missing build dependency on libbam-dev for armel and sparc.
> > Sigh. This is truly tedious, just, it is really helpful should this help
> > indicate the one or other programming issue. It seems a bit like it.
>
> as far as I can see, libbam-dev ( samtools ) doesn't build on sparc and
> armel:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=samtools&suite=sid
>
> > I do not truly know about what to suggest. There is no direct wire to
> > upstream from my side. You do not have access to the developer machines,
> > yet, right? Any help from anyone else?
>
> No I don't have, though I've never asked for it.
> I can test on armel and powerpc,  but not on mips or sparc.

It would be great if you could help those folks. I presume your immediate
home institute's needs you have already catered for with the packages you
have updated for sid. So, everything else I undertand to be slightly less
pressing. How far are you from a Debian Developer status?

Many greetings

Steffen