Roadmap gnuhealth (was: Force removal of gnuhealth* packages in sid?)

* Emilien Klein: " Force removal of gnuhealth* packages in sid? (Was: Re: GNU
  Health autoremove from testing)" (Sun, 29 Jun 2014 09:09:30 +0200):

Hi Emilien,

> >> The removal of the binary packages is automatically done once the
> >> package with the changed binary package names will be uploaded.
> >
> > I guess we can just wait for the autoremoval period to lapse, and the
> > package will be removed automatically.
>
> Since there will be no upload of the newest version of the source
> package (newer Tryton version preventing building of GNU Health
> 2.4.X), the change in binary names will not be observed by the release
> system. I suppose I have to take manual action to remove that package
> from sid as well (the gnuhealth* packages were autoremoved from
> testing already)
> Who should I contact to get those removed from there as well?

I am a bit confused by several messages. What are your current plans with the
gnuhealth package? I assumed until now, that you planned to integrate the
upcoming upstream release and then reupload to NEW.

> From: Emilien Klein <emilien@klein.st>
> To: 707632-done@bugs.debian.org
> Subject: Closing bug report
> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 08:59:29 +0200
>
> As GNU Health was removed from the archive, this bug report is "fixed".
> Closing bug report.
>
> Mathias, I am confident that in case you are picking up the package
> [0] you will make sure to address your concerns ;)
>
> Thanks for your help and comments on this package.
>    +Emilien
> [0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health/2014-06/msg00008.html

What do you mean by 'picking up'?

To avoid further confusion: the gnuhealth package will enter debian.tryton.org,
when it fits into the concept (as previously said, chances now are much better
as the package just provides the modules). One other point of this concept is a
clean upgrade path to Debian main packages. So I won't do any changes to an
existing package not maintained by me nor provide a conflicting one.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6