Re: [MoM] Corrected the Vcs links for git. Added DH_VERBOSE and DH_OPTIONS to help with debugging the build.

Hi Ian,

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:20:11PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
> Andreas - Thanks.  Thought that might be a good place to start.  I have
> started to write the rules/install files taking examples from the
> phpmyadmin package.

I havn't checked phpmyadmin, but it seems you can simplify your rules
file drastically by using the short dh notation since there are no
special things in it for the moment.  If you have no idea what I mean
have a look here:

   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/package_template/rules?view=markup

or in any recent of the various Debian Med packages.

> Slow going to but at least I am starting to run dpkg-buildpackage and
> getting something out that has some of the files in it.

+1

> Testing to make sure it works will be the hard part.  The OpenEMR package
> normally ships with both phpGACL and phpmyadmin (both of which are
> available in Debian repos already).  Probably should yank them from the
> source and make the package require them for install.

Yes, I'd recommend to even purge them from the source package since we
have to repack the openemr source anyway.  Purging files from upstream
source became quite simple recently since you only need to mention the
files / directories by simply mentioning them in debian/copyright as
Files-Excluded.  Please make sure you are using uscan from devscripts
version 2.14.4 since this functionality is not in uscan of Debian stable
and I have no idea about Ubuntu.

> I need to discuss with the OpenEMR mailing list to see if this is realistic
> or they have heavily modified the source.

It would be *really* a good idea to use Debian packaged versions.

> More news soon.  Will commit what I have so far before going to bed.

Thanks for your work on this