Re: Doubts about packaging of OpenBUGS

Hi all,
Andreas, sorry for CCing you, I thought you were interested in this topic since I have proposed to package it in my previous mail [1].

I think it could be interesting in Debian Med since this software is used for in biomedical research (e.g. some examples of current course/workshop presenting OpenBUGS [2,3])

Moreover it seem to have some interest [4,5]. The paper [6] published in "Statistics in Medicine" seem to be cited more than 560 times on Google scholar and 80 times on PubMed and the paper [7] about the original version (only available on MS Windows) is cited more than 2680 times on Google scholar.

As OpenBUGS is a statistical software, maybe it is better if I propose this package to Debian Science?

Best regards,
Dylan

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2014/03/msg00222.html
[2] http://www.crfr.ac.uk/bayesian-disease-mapping/
[3] http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/phs/news/SummerInstitute_2014.pdf
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/191101
[5] https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=BUGS
[6] Lunn, D., Spiegelhalter, D., Thomas, A. and Best, N. (2009) The BUGS project: Evolution, critique and future directions (with discussion), Statistics in Medicine 28: 3049--3082.
[7] Lunn, D.J., Thomas, A., Best, N., and Spiegelhalter, D. (2000) WinBUGS -- a Bayesian modelling framework: concepts, structure, and extensibility. Statistics and Computing, 10:325--337.

Hi Dylan,

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 06:36:59PM +0200, Dylan wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I have some doubts about the packaging of OpenBUGS

I have not even thought about this software.  Why do you think this is a
topic for Debian Med?

PS: There is no reason in CCing me. :-)