Re: NewContributorGame: R-ape / OpenBugs

Hi Dylan,

thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 08:26:59PM +0100, Dybian wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am user of Debian since a long time now, I have already do small things
> for open source projects (i.e. translation, bug report,...), so the logic
> next step is to involve me more in Debian. Since a moment, I am interested
> by packaging software for Debian without doing any concrete thing. I take
> this opportunity (NewContributorGame from DebianFrance) to do something
> more concrete.

I really like this NewConributorGame :-)

> I propose to beginning with "ape" a R package which is in the list from
> http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio

I just fixed the package name to r-cran-ape and the homepage metioned
there to http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ape/ .  Usually
packaging R software is a good start since these packages are quite
simple.  May be you need to package some predependencies first.

> and maybe after packaging of
> OpenBugs ( http://www.openbugs.net ).

This also seems to be a good catch.

> For my background, I am PhD student in Statistical genetics and I have a
> Msc in Public Health, that is why I am interested by DebianMed.

Thanks for your intent to contribute to our team