Re: InVesalius 3b5

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Thiago Franco Moraes <tfmoraes@cti.gov.br> wrote:
Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 3:32 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Thiago,

thanks for updating the invesalius package.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 03:06:45PM -0300, Thiago Franco de Moraes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We released a new version of InVesalius on the last thursday and now I'm working on the Debian package. I updated all necessary fields from debian folder and created some new files. Since we are using now Cython (so is necessary to compile) in one of the modules we use, I created a new sub-package, called invesalius-bin to keep it. The invesalius-bin is arch-dependent, and my idea is to put all cython stuff we develop in this sub-package. Apparently it's all OK except for 2 things:
>
> - When I create the packages it runs the command to compile the cython two times, one in dh_auto_build and other in dh_auto_install. It's not a problem exactly, but it's processing lost ... To solve this I'll have to override dh_auto_install?

Most probably you need to tell dh_auto_install not to repeat this step.
I suspect that Invesalius' build system might deserve some optimisation
to prevent this.  I guess you can get more detailed help at
debian-python@lists.debian.org.

OK!

Done! I had to override dh_auto_install.

> - Lintian gives me this warning "invesalius-bin: arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share usr/share/invesalius/invesalius/data/mips.so". But invesalius-bin is arch dependent, in debian/control it's marked as "Architecture: any", is there some details I'm forgetting? I have the impression it happens because this file (mips.so) is placed in a folder created by the invesalius package (which is arch independent), but I'm not sure.

Well, lintian does not say that the package is arch independent.  It
says that there is an arch-dependent file in /usr/share where such files
do not belong to - and lintian is correct here.  You need to move this
file to /usr/lib.  In case the file will be found by Invesalius there I
also recommend to consult the Debian Python list where you can most
probably get helpful hints for a sensible placement of files.

I've understood. I'll post this problem there. I think I'll have to tell the setup.py to install this file in python dist-packages and I'll have to patch InVesalius to import this file from there.

I posted there. Andrey Rahmatullin suggested me to put the mips.so inside /usr/lib/invesalius. So I did it! I had to changes some other things and create another patch. But it was simple.

> PS. I saw invesalius will be removed from Debian Testing because of a problem with libvtk-java. What's the situation of this? Sorry for not manifest me earlier, but I was out for more than a month and I had some problems with my email.

Several packages were removed and I really hope that libvtk maintainers
will care about this.  As far as I understood the issue is not too hard
to fix and packages will automigrate back to testing once this has
happened.  Providing libvtk maintainers with patches (if not yet done)
is always welcome. :-)

Thanks Andreas!

As far as I can see It is alright now. And it seems to be lintian clear.

Many thanks!