Re: Q-Leap Networks contributes to Debian Med

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014, rf@q-leap.de wrote:

>     Yaroslav> On Thu, 24 Apr 2014, rf@q-leap.de wrote:

>     >> >>>>> "Yaroslav" == Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>
>     >> >>>>> writes:

>     Yaroslav> On Thu, 24 Apr 2014, rf@q-leap.de wrote:
>     Tony> We appreciated the pizza, of course, but your interest in
>     Tony> supporting Debian Med is very welcome indeed. I've just moved
>     Tony> house, and I don't yet have a broadband connection. However,
>     Tony> when I get reconnected, I'll build a new Qlustar Beowulf and
>     Tony> try to get Bio-Linux running on it.

>     >> >> Sounds good. Feedback appreciated. We're just finishing up
>     >> >> release 8.1.1 which will already have a small sign of Debian
>     >> >> Med support. In the QluMan GUI, we've added "chroot
>     >> >> management" in which you will be able to

>     Yaroslav> oh that sounds interesting ;) is any part of Qlustar, such
>     Yaroslav> as QluMan GUI open-sourced?

>     >> Everything in Qlustar is open-sourced apart from QluMan ( =
>     >> cluster management framework including GUI).

>     Yaroslav> would you be so kind to point to the sources?
>     Yaroslav> https://www.google.com/search?q=open+source+site%3Aqlustar.com
>     Yaroslav> returns empty and there is no obvious link on the website
>     Yaroslav> (or those are only available as .dsc source packages from
>     Yaroslav> the repository?)

> Exactly. Like Debian/Ubuntu everything is packaged as debs.

.debs are binary packages, I am inquiring about source packages (i.e.
dsc).  Would you be so kind to point me to the Debian repository
containing those?

NB https://qlustar.com/download provides a binary download, which is
   probably containing some GPL-licensed software, for which you should
   "inform other peers where the object code and Corresponding
    Source of the work are being offered to the general public at no
    charge under subsection 6d." (GPL v3).  So you might like to add a
   note/instructions on that page.

>     Yaroslav> Pity that QluMan is not FOSS -- it is the one which got me
>     Yaroslav> intrigued ;)

> Oh well. Maybe one day  ... :)

today is a nice day for doing great things -- and it might be better
than tomorrow ;)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org