Re: Aw: Re: Presentation of Debian Med on local Next Generation Sequencing workshop (April)

> Brainstorming here: we'd need a platform to promote community contributions
> to scientific Open Source software. Something tells me, that this could
> be something like "us" (whatever "us" is), but in some less distribution
> centric way. For Bioinformatics, the Open Bioinformatics Foundation comes
> to mind. And, we need some way to reference such contribution. What just
> jumped at me are a concept I learned about at last NETTAB in Venice:
> Nano Publications (http://nanopub.org/). Those were meant for something
> very different, but the concept should be adaptable, and I have not seen
> them discussed in this social-scientific-security context. What do you
> think?

The people I know of who are working on encouraging better scientific software
practices (version control, testing, and automation) are operating as
http://software-carpentry.org/

Apparently they're now associated with http://mozillascience.org/ whose goal
is "to make science more open, collaborative and efficent".

Also the IPython developers are really interested in trying to create
"executable papers" https://plus.google.com/+FernandoPerez/posts/gwxhuwgJRED

Diane