Re: Presentation of Debian Med on local Next Generation Sequencing workshop (April)

Hi Steffen,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:04:34PM +0100, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> > If you consider this package as important for your work - why didn't you
> > simply updated it?
>
> The main reason is that I did not expect it to be simple and days only
> have 24 hours.

Well, my days also have 24h (this one is about to end soon) and to learn
whether something is simple or not you need to try first.  When I tried
I learned that Diane has done the main work and I basically needed to do
the few changelog changes for new upstream as in any normal upgrade.

> One of the students I co-supervise uses it all the time and I like
> what I see. And I agree, he should package it, not just use it.

He should at least try to understand the packaging ... and know where to
ask in case of showstopers.