Aw: Re: Presentation of Debian Med on local Next Generation Sequencing workshop (April)

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. März 2014 um 17:11 Uhr
> Von: "Andreas Tille" <andreas@an3as.eu>
> An: debian-med@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: Presentation of Debian Med on local Next Generation Sequencing workshop (April)
>
> Two additions:
>
> You might also mention that we are training newcomers:
>
>    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM

Yes!

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 04:44:54PM +0100, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> > I was very happy about the recent advent of the IGV.
>
> If you consider this package as important for your work - why didn't you
> simply updated it?

The main reason is that I did not expect it to be simple and days only
have 24 hours.

One of the students I co-supervise uses it all the time and I like
what I see. And I agree, he should package it, not just use it.

> Team maintenance means every team member can (and
> should!) commit to the package he is interested in.

Not everyone is in such a luxurious position. I am not.

Best,

Steffen