Re: itk-4.5 and python

To document a bit where I stand with this endeavor: so far I hit three
problems,

the first is a cmake bug:

   http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=13794,

Indicator: all python test fail.
The workaround is to set the preferred python version on the cmake
command line.

The second one seems to be a problem with g++. With aggressive
optimization flags it issues code that wants to read data from an
unaligned address with an xmms operation that requires aligned data. The
indicator was that the itkBoxSmoothFilterTest 3 and 10 failed. If I get
around to create a minimal test case I might even be able to properly
report a bug.
Luckily, with the default Debian build flags this bug is not triggered.

The final one is a real show stopper:

  https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-3241

i.e. some optimizers are not properly wrapped, and hence some python
tests fail.

So far I didn't commit any changes to the svn because before I meddle
with the package on alioth I'd prefer to have your blessing, Mathieu and
Steve, since you are the usual ITK uploaders.

best regards,
Gert