itk-4.5 and python

Dear all,

now that itk-4.5 is in unstable I was wondering how is the status on compiling in the python support?

Since we need this I will put some effort into getting the python-itk package, but there are lot of options regarding the python bindings (dimensions, supported pixel types, ...) so it would be good to discuss this here so that we can get some nice defaults and I can use the debian-med/itk repo for developing the package.

many thanks,
Gert