Re: Packaging BLAT for Debian

Hi again,

after droping the -O2 compiler option I was able to run

$ cd blat/test ; make
blat -verbose=0 throwback/target1.fa throwback/query1.fa throwback/test.psl
Loaded 129433 letters in 1 sequences
Searched 2050 bases in 1 sequences
pslCheck -verbose=0 throwback/test.psl
blat -verbose=0 v29skips/ex1_database.fa v29skips/ex1_query.fa v29skips/ex1.psl
Loaded 4481 letters in 1 sequences
Searched 4484 bases in 1 sequences
diff v29skips/ex1_reference.psl v29skips/ex1.psl
blat -verbose=0 v29skips/ex2_database.fa v29skips/ex2_query.fa v29skips/ex2.psl
Loaded 4186 letters in 1 sequences
Searched 4185 bases in 1 sequences
diff v29skips/ex2_reference.psl v29skips/ex2.psl
mkdir -p intron50k/out
blat -verbose=0 intron50k/target.fa intron50k/query.fa intron50k/out/test1.psl -minScore=190
Loaded 100000 letters in 1 sequences
Searched 600 bases in 1 sequences
diff intron50k/expected/test1.psl intron50k/out/test1.psl
blat -verbose=0 intron50k/target.fa intron50k/query.fa intron50k/out/test2.psl -minScore=190 -maxIntron=40000
Loaded 100000 letters in 1 sequences
Searched 600 bases in 1 sequences
diff intron50k/expected/test2.psl intron50k/out/test2.psl
blat -verbose=0 intron50k/target.fa intron50k/query.fa intron50k/out/test3.psl -minScore=190 -maxIntron=5000
Loaded 100000 letters in 1 sequences
Searched 600 bases in 1 sequences
diff intron50k/expected/test3.psl intron50k/out/test3.psl
rm -rf intron50k/out

So probably -O2 is causing the trouble I faced running the test.

Now since I figured out this I need to decide how I reaonably get
pslCheck included as source to be able to run the full test.  I realised
that several other parts of jksrc are involved.  Any hint?